Dr. Michael Mischurow
I've been working as a researcher at the department between 2011 and 2017. Mostly contributing to developement of and using ecosystem model LPJ-GUESS in a variety of application. I've been involved in LUCCI research centre and MERGE strategic research area as well as research projects such as ExpeER and DESIRE. Additionally, I've been a member of European collaborative network ClimMani.
My major contribution to the LPJ-GUESS has been introduction of diurnal cycle formulation in canopy exchange module.
ExpeER modelling toolbox was one of the outcomes of that project that I've been responsible for.
For the conversion of standard LPJ-GUESS outputs to NetCDF format the following utility can be used: out2nc (documentation and download)
- Modeling the role of highly oxidized multifunctional organic molecules for the growth of new particles over the boreal forest region (2017). Öström E, Putian Z, Schurgers G, Mishurov M, Kivekäs N, Lihavainen H, Ehn M, Rissanen MP, Kurtén T, Boy M, Swietlicki E and Roldin P Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics 17: 8887–8901 doi:10.5194/acp-17-8887-2017.
- Using models to guide field experiments: a priori predictions for the CO2 response of a nutrient- and water-limited native Eucalypt woodland (2016). Medlyn BE, De Kauwe MG, Zaehle S, Walker AP, Duursma RA, Luus K, Mishurov M, Pak B, Smith B, Wang Y-P, Yang X, Crous KY, Drake JE, Gimeno TE, Macdonald CA, Norby RJ, Power SA, Tjoelker MG and Ellsworth DS Global Change Biology 22: 2834–2851 doi:10.1111/gcb.13268.
- Soil carbon management in large-scale Earth system modelling: implications for crop yields and nitrogen leaching (2015). Olin S, M Lindeskog, TAM Pugh, G Schurgers, D Wårlind, M Mishurov, S Zaehle, BD Stocker, B Smith, and A Arneth Earth System Dynamics 6: 745–768 doi:10.5194/esd-6-745-2015.
- Scaling climate change experiments across space and time (2013). Lee H and M Mishurov New Phytologist 200(3): 595–597 doi:10.1111/nph.12543.
- Gap-filling techniques for the annual sums of nitrous oxide (2011). Mishurov M and G Kiely Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 151(12): 1763–1767 doi:10.1016/j.agrformet.2011.07.014.
- N2O flux dynamics of grassland undergoing afforestation (2010). Mishurov M and G Kiely Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 139(1–2): 16–39 doi:10.1016/j.agee.2010.07.001.
- Effect of increased N use and dry periods on N2O emission from a fertilized grassland (2010). Kim D-G, M Mishurov and G Kiely Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 88(3): 397–410 doi:10.1007/s10705-010-9365-5.
- Colloid transport in a heterogeneous partially saturated sand column (2008). Mishurov M, A Yakirevich and N Weisbrod Environmental Science & Technology 42(4): 1066–1071 doi:10.1021/es071780f.
Selected conference abstracts
- Competing ecosystem model hypotheses for the CO2 response of a nutrient and water limited mature woodland (2013). Duursma R, BE Medlyn, S Zaehle, MG De Kauwe, T Gimeno, J Drake, C Macdonald, B Singh, M Mishurov, BC Pak, AP Walker, X Yang, D Ellsworth American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2013 abstract #GC31C-1073.
- Distinguishing peaks from background emissions of nitrous oxide in grassland ecosystem (2008). Mishurov M, P Leahy and G Kiely Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 10, EGU2008-A-04144.
- The Effect of Preferential Flow on Colloidal Transport in Unsaturated Heterogeneous Sand (2006). Mishurov M, Yakirevich A, Weisbrod N and M Kuznetsov American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2006 abstract #H11F-1341.
- Colloidal transport in unsaturated heterogeneous sand: column experiments (2006). Mishurov M, A Yakirevich and N Weisbrod Preferential flow and transport processes in soil. Abstracts Swiss Institute of Technology, Zürich (ETHZ).