Dr. Michael Mischurow
I am a postdoc working on development of the ecosystem model LPJ-GUESS, so far I've been involved in MERGE and ExpeER projects. As can be seen below, my background is in soil science and my general interests lie in the water and gas transport at soil-plant-atmosphere boundary.
My major contribution to the LPJ-GUESS so far has been diurnal cycle for canopy exchange module.
Currently working on finalising ExpeER modelling toolbox.
Dept of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
Internal mail: HS16
Room #353, Geocentrum II
Sölvegatan 12, Lund (View on OpenStreetMap)
Prompt methods of reaching me:
- Soil carbon management in large-scale Earth system modelling: implications for crop yields and nitrogen leaching (2015). S. Olin, M. Lindeskog, T. A. M. Pugh, G. Schurgers, D. Wårlind, M. Mishurov, S. Zaehle, B. D. Stocker, B. Smith, and A. Arneth Earth System Dynamics 6: 745–768 doi:10.5194/esd-6-745-2015.
- Scaling climate change experiments across space and time (2013). Lee H and M Mishurov New Phytologist 200(3): 595–597 doi:10.1111/nph.12543.
- Gap-filling techniques for the annual sums of nitrous oxide (2011). Mishurov M and G Kiely Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 151(12): 1763–1767 doi:10.1016/j.agrformet.2011.07.014.
- N2O flux dynamics of grassland undergoing afforestation (2010). Mishurov M and G Kiely Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 139(1–2): 16–39 doi:10.1016/j.agee.2010.07.001.
- Effect of increased N use and dry periods on N2O emission from a fertilized grassland (2010). Kim D-G, M Mishurov and G Kiely Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystems 88(3): 397–410 doi:10.1007/s10705-010-9365-5.
- Colloid transport in a heterogeneous partially saturated sand column (2008). Mishurov M, A Yakirevich and N Weisbrod Environmental Science & Technology 42(4): 1066–1071 doi:10.1021/es071780f.
Selected conference abstracts
- Competing ecosystem model hypotheses for the CO2 response of a nutrient and water limited mature woodland (2013). Duursma R, BE Medlyn, S Zaehle, MG De Kauwe, T Gimeno, J Drake, C Macdonald, B Singh, M Mishurov, BC Pak, AP Walker, X Yang, D Ellsworth American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2013 abstract #GC31C-1073.
- Distinguishing peaks from background emissions of nitrous oxide in grassland ecosystem (2008). Mishurov M, P Leahy and G Kiely Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 10, EGU2008-A-04144.
- The Effect of Preferential Flow on Colloidal Transport in Unsaturated Heterogeneous Sand (2006). Mishurov M, Yakirevich A, Weisbrod N and M Kuznetsov American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2006 abstract #H11F-1341.
- Colloidal transport in unsaturated heterogeneous sand: column experiments (2006). Mishurov M, A Yakirevich and N Weisbrod Preferential flow and transport processes in soil. Abstracts Swiss Institute of Technology, Zürich (ETHZ).
- 2011 – present Post-doctoral researcher
at the Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Sciences,
Lund University, Lund, Sweden
- 2010 – 2011 Post-doctoral researcher
at the Centre for Hydrology, Micrometeorology and Climate Change,
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering,
University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
- 2010 Ph.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering
Subject: Nitrous oxide flux evaluation by eddy covariance
Supervisor: Prof. Ger Kiely
Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
- 2007 M.Sc. in Desert Studies
Subject: Transport of colloids in soils exhibiting preferential flow patterns
Supervisors: Drs. Alex Yakirevich & Noam Weisbrod
Albert Katz International School for Desert Studies
Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- 2004 Diploma in Soil Science Summa Cum Laude
Subject: Description of water transport in grey forest soils of Vladimir Opolye using a two-dimensional model
Supervisor: Prof. Evgenii Shein
Department of Soil Physics and Reclamation
Faculty of Soil Science, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia